Saturday, April 5, 2008

League Lacks Passion

As a seasoned and veteran commissioner, I'll be the first to admit that season long passion for extra's such as blogs, websites and most certainly additional statistics... suffers as the season grows long in the tooth. The most recent example in the RHL 2007/2008 had just this very situation. But when reviewing at season's end which I will do in a mere few days, I'll look back on an active, well run league - good managers, and a decent bit of debate and on the average, good interactive stories courtesy of myself and the Ass Commish. It's these extras that are easily weighed in on to debate positives of what a fantasy league can provide. What is not debated is the negatives - as for the most of the time things run smooth. In part because we front 12 good managers and in part because we have developed and maintained black and white rules, and finally because the league runs with additional features such as logos, blogs, websites, statistics, and news stories.

The new RBL league is run by a rookie commish, and the green is oosing. More than half the managers did not show for the draft, the league started a week late and evident from me posting this on a hockey blog, there are no features such as websites, blogs or logos, save from the Barrie franchise producing his own. Cudos to him. Well this manager will not stand by quiet anymore, I'm bringing the noise and if this takes the RBL down, well so be it. We'll all be better for it, and a new league will be formed, perhaps an RBA? I'll be your huckleberry, if you ask...
As my peace offering, my logo, the inaugural season for the Oakville Orangehats...

No comments: